Lightroom: Photography post production class
May 20 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Learn how the professionals make the most of their photos with post-processing in Adobe Lightroom at the Fairfax Media offices.
Adobe Lightroom is the post-processing software choice for the Fairfax Media photographic department and other professional photographers worldwide. This hands on, one-day class will give you the practical and technical skills needed to assist you to manage your photographs efficiently from capture, to edit, to export.
In this course, we will demonstrate a number of simple and effective step-by-step adjustments to help reduce time spent on editing your photos. Attendees will be guided as they produce improved digital images with subtle local corrections by Fairfax photographer Wolter Peeters and Clique workshop presenter Christopher Getts.
A spot at this workshop includes a light lunch and refreshments.
This workshop will cover:
- Importing and organising your images
- Converting your images and different file types (including DNG).
- Exporting options
- How to make the most of The Library Mode
- The Develop Module
- How to use tonal curves
- Lens correction
- Color – Hue, Saturation, luminance
- Converting to black and white
- Using channels
- Split toning
- Details – Sharpening radius and masking
- Noise reduction
- The Transform tool
- Creating and importing Presets
- Effects – post crop vignetting
- Dehaze tool
- Camera Calibration
- Brush tool, Radial filter and the graduated filter
What to bring:
- Camera with one lens.
- A laptop with Adobe Lightroom installed (If you do not have Adobe Lightroom installed you can simply download a free 30 day trial).
If you’re a Full Clique member, you receive 20% off Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan, which includes Lightroom. Pay only $9.59 a month instead of the regular price of $11.99. To access this deal, and to upgrade to a Full Clique account here: cliquephotos.com.au/about/benefits.
- 3-5 of your own images selected as demos ready and saved on your computer.
- A card reader to enable you to import your images from your camera.
- Laptop charger
- Notepad and pen
- Participants must be a current member of Clique. Membership is free. To join visit cliquephotos.com.au.
- Please ensure you enter the correct name and email address at checkout.
- This is an any-weather event and will run rain, hail or shine.
- Tickets are transferable but non-refundable. If you can no longer make this event, please let us know.
- In the week leading up to the workshop, you will receive further information from the Clique Team regarding the event.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, and the advertised photographers or guests are unavailable, Clique will endeavour to substitute an alternative presenter. If a substitute presenter cannot be arranged, the event will be cancelled.
Clique Photo Club is proudly supported by Nikon, Adobe, Momento & PosterCandy. Clique have been running photography workshops and events for all skill levels since 2014. Our workshops are organised by Clique staff and are run by award-winning Fairfax Media photojournalists. Want to see photos from our past workshops and events? Visit cliquephotos.com.au/learn/event-photo-galleries.